This job has been closed
Stafford County Public Schools
School / Org:
||Stafford County Public Schools
No. of Positions:
||13 December 2017
||Open Until Filled
Stafford County P.S is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Assistant Principal - Elementary School
Location: To Be Determined
Salary Range: $72,515.00-$106,073.00
Under the supervision of the Principal, the Assistant Principal assists the Principal in the development and implementation of the total school program.
1. Hold the Postgraduate Professional Certificate with an endorsement as Principal.
2. At least three years of successful full-time experience as a teacher, supervisor, or administrator; one year of which is preferred to be in the area or level to be supervised.
3. Ongoing evidence of mental and physical competence to perform assigned responsibilities may be required from a qualified physician.
4. An applicant who has had prior experience in a related position must have a performance rating which is acceptable to Stafford County Public Schools for such experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Demonstrate appropriate use of written and verbal communication; thorough knowledge of English grammar and usage.
2. Demonstrate the ability to address criticism in an appropriate manner and develop constructive outcomes.
3. Demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with school/community support groups.
4. Demonstrate the ability to assume leadership in pursuing the mission, goals, and objectives of the school division and of the school’s annual plan.
5. Demonstrate effective time management and organizational skills.
6. Demonstrate the ability to adapt to change and maintain flexibility.
7. Demonstrate professionalism in working with students, staff, and community.
8. Listen to others and be receptive to new ideas.
9. Show sustained effort and enthusiasm in the quality and quantity of work accomplished.
10. Demonstrate loyalty to the school division, the School Board, the Superintendent, and all staff members.
11. Demonstrate the leadership qualities and personal characteristics necessary to work effectively with students, teachers, and parents.
12. Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serve as primary administrator in the absence or disability of the principal.
2. Assist in the supervision of the daily use of the school facilities for both academic and non-academic purposes.
3. Assist in establishing a plan for the improvement of instruction, school philosophy, and school policies within District guidelines.
4. Assume responsibility for instructional leadership and effective school management.
5. Assist in maintaining discipline throughout the student body and effectively implement the School Board’s Student Code of Conduct.
6. Assist in planning and supervision of emergency preparedness program, including fire drills, according to state law and division regulations.
7. Assist with supervision and evaluation of all licensed and service personnel.
8. Meet and confer with: staff, committees, grade level chairpersons, individual students, parents, and central office personnel.
9. Assist in providing for the safe arrival and departure of students.
10. Assist in the coordination of curriculum related activities and programs.
11. Assist in the maintenance of a healthy school environment.
12. Assist the principal in the selection, assignment, and orientation of staff.
13. Coordinate the assignments of and assist with the supervision of student teachers, aides, and volunteers.
14. Assist with the completion of inventories of all property under his/her jurisdiction and for the security, accountability, and distribution of that property, e.g., textbooks, computer technology, lockers, etc.
15. Assist the Principal wit the budget and procurement process.
16. Attend school-sponsored activities.
17. Assist in the supervision of co-curricular and athletic activities.
18. Approve the master teaching schedule, coordinate the scheduling process and make necessary assignments.
19. Review and addend written job descriptions for all school staff as needed.
20. Respond promptly and thoroughly to written and oral requests for information.
21. Provide assistance in the development, revision, and evaluation of the curriculum.
22. Provide assistance as warranted in emergency situations.
23 Comply with all state and federal laws, all school board policies, and all regulations of the Superintendent.
24. Maintain a clean, neat appearance, appropriate to position.
25. Adhere to guidelines of confidentiality as outlined in federal and state laws and School Board Policies and Procedures.
26. Maintain a record of appropriate attendance and punctuality.
27. Serve as an optimal role model for students, colleagues, and the general public.
28. Must work in close harmony with colleagues, supervisors, and co-workers.
29. Actively pursue professional growth activities.
30. Perform other duties as assigned.
Evaluated by: Principal
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Terms of Employment: 12 months in accordance with Stafford County School Board calendar
Evaluation: Evaluation will be conducted in accordance with School Board Policies and Regulations.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education America to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. Once verification of your email address
and registration is complete you can apply to this and other jobs posted on EAN for free.
The job posting above from Stafford County Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Virginia. DO NOT apply or send
unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the requirements listed by Stafford County Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job