Social Worker Eligibility Pool
Elk Grove Unified
School / Org:
||Elk Grove Unified School District
||Elk Grove, California
No. of Positions:
||EAN CE17 - 34
||1 November 2017
||29 December 2017
Elk Grove Unified School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Social Worker Eligibility Pool
Location: Elk Grove Unified School District
Length of Work Year: 192 Days
Employment Type: Full and Part Time
Salary: Social Workers Salary Schedule #13.
Class Title: Social Worker
Basic Function: Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, assess and define problems children may be experiencing with school attendance and performance, family interactions, social problems and school-community relations which interfere with the studentís ability and potential to obtain a satisfactory education; consult and assist parents, teachers and others concerned with the child and his family in planning appropriate strategies for the problem and to assure services are provided according to planned strategy.
Establish with the child and the family a milieu where personal, interpersonal and intrafamilial concerns may be openly shared and discussed.
Consult and collaborate with school personnel to promote a school environment responsive to the needs of children.
Serve as a catalyst to generate, enhance and facilitate the problem-solving process as it affects individuals, groups, institutions and systems.
Serve as an intercessor for students and their family in dealing with community agencies and institutions and with the school system; serve as an intercessor for the school system in dealing with community agencies and institutions.
Supervise on-going activities of social work interns from California State University, Sacramento.
Participate in special programs such as the Foster Youth Program as assigned.
Perform related duties as assigned.
Demonstrated Knowledge and Abilities:
- Effective personal and academic counseling techniques and procedures.
- Counseling theory, ethics and associated legal confidentiality requirements.
- Laws regarding minors and child abuse reporting.
- Applicable sections of the State Education Code and other applicable laws, rules and regulations related to assigned activities.
- Normal and abnormal child behavior and development.
- Behavior modification techniques and strategies.
- Student assistance programs.
- Community referral resources.
- Diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of District students.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Provide counseling and guidance services to students.
- Make referrals to other community resources, support groups and social service agencies as appropriate.
- Plan, prepare and conduct individual and group counseling sessions.
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Maintain current knowledge of program rules, regulations, requirements and restrictions.
- Set limits and personal boundaries for students.
- Assist with curriculum development.
- Complete work with many interruptions.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Work confidentially with discretion.
- Maintain records and prepare various reports, including confidential materials.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Walk around the campus.
- Lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Exchange information with others.
- Monitor student behavior.
Education and Experience Required:
- Any combination equivalent to: masterís degree in social work or closely related field and sufficient training and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and abilities listed above.
Licenses and Other Requirements:
- Pupil Personnel Services/Social Worker Credential.
- Office and classroom environment.
- Constant interruptions.
Hazards: Exposure to potentially volatile and emotional students and dissatisfied parents.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education America to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. Once verification of your email address
and registration is complete you can apply to this and other jobs posted on EAN for free.
The job posting above from Elk Grove Unified may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of California. DO NOT apply or send
unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the requirements listed by Elk Grove Unified in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job