North Thurston Public Schools is the largest school district in the county, educating more than 13,000 students, more than one-third of Thurston County youth, and employing more than 1,600 people.
With 19 schools – 12 elementary schools, three middle schools, three comprehensive high schools, and one high school of choice – we serve the greater Lacey area, an ethnically and culturally diverse community that believes in and actively supports public education, overwhelmingly supporting our most recent Maintenance & Operations levy.
Whether we’re measured by student achievement, employee excellence and recognition, or our commitment to always be progressive and innovative, North Thurston Public Schools is one of Washington’s great school districts.
“Did you know?”
Some fast facts about
North Thurston Public Schools
* North Thurston Public Schools, founded in 1953, is 13 years older than the City of Lacey.
* NTPS is Washington's 23rd largest school district, out of 296 total school districts.
* NTPS serves Lacey and northeastern Thurston County, encompassing 74 square miles.
* NTPS has the largest enrollment in Thurston County, now serving more than13,000 students -- more than one-third of all students in our county.
* Enrollment at NTPS is expected to increase to 20,000 within the next 15 years.
* Reflecting the community we serve, NTPS is by far the most ethnically diverse school district in the South Sound region.
* NTPS has 12 elementary schools, three middle schools, three comprehensive high schools, and one high school of choice.
* NTPS is the only South Sound school district that offers a stand-alone high school of choice.
* NTPS offers high school students the most Advanced Placement opportunities of any South Sound school district.
* NTPS is the only South Sound school district that offers self-contained, year-round Talented & Gifted programs for grades K-6.
* We offer the only K-12 Deaf Education program in the South Sound region.
* Two thirds of all our students in grades 5-12 are involved in music programs.
* We offer visual-arts instruction in grades K-12 and performing arts instruction in grades 5-12 as part of the regular school day.
North Thurston Public Schools is a publicly funded organization
No. of Schools: 19
For More Information
To view this employer's contact or application information you must be a registered job seeker with Education America. If you are already a registered member log in below.
If you are not yet registered with Education America click here.
Any logos and trademarks of North Thurston Public Schools are copyright North Thurston Public Schools.
Education America does not take responsibility for the validity of any information provided by North Thurston Public Schools. Individuals
should refer to the organization for clarification and confirmation. Information provided
directly from North Thurston Public Schools will take precedence over any information provided on this site.