The mission of the school is to provide all students the fundamental knowledge, tools, and discipline to become successful, reputable citizens in our country and to become high achievers in our ever evolving, demanding, and complex society.
The mission will be carried out through a stimulating academic curriculum, focused on elemental skills development, in a structured classroom environment, with strong parental involvement.
The school curriculum is patterned after highly successful alternative schools outside of Utah and highlights a strong academic focus on elemental skills development, using a direct instruction teaching philosophy. This philosophy, in concert with its mission, purpose, and goals is the basis for the selection of its curriculum. Opportunities to adjust or modify the curriculum may be considered from time to time. The School Governing Board must approve any curriculum adjustments only after careful discussion, consideration, and consultation with the teaching staff. However, the spirit of the school's mission and its philosophy of direct instruction teaching and elemental skills development will be maintained throughout its existence.
A critical factor that will set this school apart from other local educational entities is its use of the Spalding Method as its total language arts program. (See http://www.spalding.org)
PHILOSOPHY AND PURPOSE
The school's philosophy is to emphasize the teaching of basic skills and information. Its purpose is to:
· Train the intellect
· Teach skills
· Instill a sense of pride in and respect for self, others, and country
· Equip students with the necessary skills to become decision makers, problem solvers, and lifetime learners
· Prepare students for the outside world by challenging them to compete for achievement of standards in the classroom
· Develop an atmosphere of tolerance and acceptance of all students regardless of physical appearance and culture
· Coordinate home and school effort in providing a solid education foundation for students
· Ensure the success of all students through implementation of a well- rounded, challenging academic program,
· Math drill and practice to enhance student's knowledge and skills,
· Ensure student reading, writing and spelling skills acquisition and mastery through Spalding phonics-based language arts curriculum,
· Implementation and enhancement of traditional history / geography curriculum that emphasizes patriotism and fundamental concepts regarding community, state, and country,
Ultimately become certified by Spalding Education International as an accredited Spalding School. Only schools with a highly dedicated and committed administrative and teaching staff realize this worthy goal.
Thomas Edison Charter School is a Charter School organization
No. of Schools: 1
For More Information
To view this employer's contact or application information you must be a registered job seeker with Education America. If you are already a registered member log in below.
If you are not yet registered with Education America click here.
Any logos and trademarks of Thomas Edison Charter School are copyright Thomas Edison Charter School.
Education America does not take responsibility for the validity of any information provided by Thomas Edison Charter School. Individuals
should refer to the organization for clarification and confirmation. Information provided
directly from Thomas Edison Charter School will take precedence over any information provided on this site.