Our mission of Little Wound School is to empower the students to function successfully in the 21st Century. Students will display individual, unique qualities and virtues indigenous to their culture, effectively use survival skills, apply positive coping skills, demonstrate strong self-esteem, communicate effectively in speaking and writing, appropriately solve problems, function as life-long learners, and promote a positive community influence.
Little Wound School recognizes the importance of an education for the future leaders of the Oglala Lakota Nation. Therefore, we will continue to provide for the needs of the individuals and incorporate the Lakota value in assisting students to acquire academic and social skills necessary for a productive life in modern society.
The school and community have the following aspirations for the students of Little Wound School:
* To develop to their maximum capacity the ability to express themselves freely and creatively, to think critically, and to make wise and responsible choices
* To become productive persons who contribute to their community, people and nation and who are able to compete in the Indian and non-Indian society
* To live a healthy life in a harmonious and peaceful way, to make good use of their leisure time, and to be happy
* To have pride in their culture and career and have respect for themselves, their people and other people
* To exercise confidence and self-discipline
* To take part in the functions of a democratic government
* To recognize the importance of education and to develop a positive attitude toward school
* To become aware of, understand and identify with the Indian cultural and philosophical values
* To learn from the examples and experiences taken from the society in which they live
* To do those deeds for which Indian people have been honored in the Indian way for generations.
Our district is located in Kyle, South Dakota, on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation.
Little Wound School is a publicly funded organization
No. of Schools: 1
For More Information
To view this employer's contact or application information you must be a registered job seeker with Education America. If you are already a registered member log in below.
If you are not yet registered with Education America click here.
Any logos and trademarks of Little Wound School are copyright Little Wound School.
Education America does not take responsibility for the validity of any information provided by Little Wound School. Individuals
should refer to the organization for clarification and confirmation. Information provided
directly from Little Wound School will take precedence over any information provided on this site.