Douglas County School District is the fifth largest school district in the state of Nevada. Approximately 400 teachers and 450 support staff make up what is commonly referred to as the 'lighthouse district'. Excellent teaching and career advancement opportunities, competitive salaries, along with abundant recreational and cultural opportunities make our school district a wonderful place to live and work.
The Douglas County School District, in partnership with parents and community, will ensure that all students are competent in the basic skill areas and are prepared to be productive, responsible citizens.
- Graduates will be competent in the basic skill areas of communications (reading, writing, listening and speaking), foreign language, math, science, social science, technology and employability, which will prepare them for continued learning and work.
- Schools will work with families and community to support student success.
- Curriculum and instruction will include factual information regarding other cultures, the environment, and world issues.
- All students will have access to educational programs until they graduate.
- All students will have adequate facilities and resources for learning.
Douglas County School District is a publicly funded organization
No. of Schools: 13
For More Information
To view this employer's contact or application information you must be a registered job seeker with Education America. If you are already a registered member log in below.
If you are not yet registered with Education America click here.
Any logos and trademarks of Douglas County School District are copyright Douglas County School District.
Education America does not take responsibility for the validity of any information provided by Douglas County School District. Individuals
should refer to the organization for clarification and confirmation. Information provided
directly from Douglas County School District will take precedence over any information provided on this site.