The mission of the charter school founders is to create a world class, standards-setting middle/high school that specializes in science, mathematics, engineering, and design.
The school will graduate students with in-depth subject mastery; real world laboratory experiences; and local, national, and global understanding and applications. The school will be recognized for its outstanding academic program and for well-rounded students with the capacity for high achievement and leadership in college, career, and society.
The unique features of the Academy’s curriculum include:
* an internationally competitive academic program, beginning at grade 7
* physics and algebra, beginning in grade 7
* double courses in science, beginning in grade 7
* teaching research each year, beginning in grade 7
* college courses co-located with partner colleges
* weekly presentations from guest lecturers and our own students
* independent coursework that nurtures specific student science interest at all grade levels
* a focus on in-depth learning and not on seat time.
Seven Areas of Specialization:
1. Aeronautics & Aviation
2. Chemistry & Bio-Medicine
3. Mathematics & Physics
4. Space, Astronomy, & Astronautics
5. Environment & Global Sustainability
6. Architecture & Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, Electrical)
7. Computer Science, System Design & Simulation
Academy for Science and Design is a publicly funded organization
No. of Schools: 1
For More Information
To view this employer's contact or application information you must be a registered job seeker with Education America. If you are already a registered member log in below.
If you are not yet registered with Education America click here.
Any logos and trademarks of Academy for Science and Design are copyright Academy for Science and Design.
Education America does not take responsibility for the validity of any information provided by Academy for Science and Design. Individuals
should refer to the organization for clarification and confirmation. Information provided
directly from Academy for Science and Design will take precedence over any information provided on this site.