Vision for the Calvert County Public Schools
A statement of aspirations for the county's schools and the children, families and community they serve
1. We have a school environment and culture that creates enthusiasm for learning, where all students embrace the value of learning for its own sake.
2. We reach out to ensure that our families and community have access and open communication at every level of the educational system.
3. We have teachers and staff who are empowered to:
- adapt to students' individual needs;
- create improved and innovative learning environments; and
- require the highest standards of work and discipline.
- We have students, teachers and staff who are:
- recognized for their dedication and excellence;
- respected and valued for their input and creativity; and
- tolerant and sensitive to ethnic, cultural and individual differences.
4. We have safe and orderly schools where we share accountability among students, parents, teachers, support staff, administrators and board members for academic excellence and consistently enforced standards of conduct.
5. We have partnerships with families, government, businesses, churches and community organizations to promote superior academic and extra-curricular activities placing children first.
6. We have mechanisms for honest and effective communication among students, families, teachers, support staff, administrators and board members.
7. We have learning systems that integrate technology to achieve better instruction.
8. We fully and creatively utilize facilities to support education, recreation and community activities.
9. We have an objective employment process that is aware of the need to hire highly qualified people of diverse backgrounds.
10. We provide creative and effective use of funding that is appropriate to accommodate student growth, quality standards and equitable educational opportunities.
11. We have effective methods of ongoing evaluation of all aspects of the school system.
12. We have schools that reflect the highest standards of work, discipline and values.
Standards, Practices, and Outcomes
13. We have educational opportunities that are diverse, rigorous, challenging and fair.
14. We aspire to standards of our students' educational achievement that are second to none.
15. We graduate responsible and productive citizens.
Calvert County Public Schools is a publicly funded organization
No. of Schools: 23
For More Information
To view this employer's contact or application information you must be a registered job seeker with Education America. If you are already a registered member log in below.
If you are not yet registered with Education America click here.
Any logos and trademarks of Calvert County Public Schools are copyright Calvert County Public Schools.
Education America does not take responsibility for the validity of any information provided by Calvert County Public Schools. Individuals
should refer to the organization for clarification and confirmation. Information provided
directly from Calvert County Public Schools will take precedence over any information provided on this site.