The people of the Anderson Community School Corporation believe that all students have the ability to learn at continuously higher levels.
The Purpose of Education
The purpose of education in the Anderson Community School Corporation is to create an environment which develops, nurtures, and reinforces the success of all people served by the corporation. Further, through the shared involvement of home, community, and school, our purpose is to prepare each student to think, reason, and participate in a diverse, global society as a lifelong self-directed learner.
The mission of the Anderson Community School Corporation is to develop and provide knowledge work that engages all students, resulting in maximum opportunities after graduation.
Beliefs about Students
* All students have the ability to learn at continuously higher levels.
* The interests and needs of students are the focus of all school activities.
* All students have the right to learn in a challenging, safe, caring, and nurturing climate where a spirit of cooperation and respect for others exists.
* All students are provided opportunities to make positive choices, to set goals and priorities, and to assess their own progress. They should be supported in developing the skills needed to avail themselves of these opportunities.
* All students have the right to the finest instruction and the most enriching educational experiences in and out of the classroom.
Beliefs about Staff
* All Anderson Community Schools employees treat students and each other with dignity and respect.
* All Anderson Community School Corporation employees are leaders with the responsibility of guiding and influencing students positively.
* All Anderson Community School Corporation employees provide all students with experiences to ensure they learn continuously at higher levels.
* All Anderson Community School Corporation employees demonstrate understanding and support for the purpose, mission, beliefs, and principles of the school corporation.
* All Anderson Community School Corporation employees take the lead in working with child and youth serving agencies in the community to ensure that each child has the support needed to succeed in school.
* All Anderson Community School Corporation employees are committed to continuous improvement and professional growth.
* The primary roles of the superintendent are to promote the articulation and pursuit of a compelling vision of education in the community; to encourage and support creative leadership capacity at all levels of the system; to ensure that all personnel focus on providing high quality experiences for students; and to educate the community about education.
* Employees with corporation-wide responsibilities encourage, support, and assist employees in the development of programs and services to meet the needs of students. They should provide technical assistance to ensure that quality decisions are made.
* Building principals are empowered and expected to lead and to develop participatory leadership among school employees to meet student needs.
* Teachers design work that actively engages and challenges students and results in students developing skills, attitudes, and habits of mind that are of lasting value to themselves and to society.
Beliefs about Curriculum,Instruction, and Learning
*( Learning is an active, life-long endeavor.
* Students are expected to produce products and solve problems that demonstrate they have command of the in-formation, skills, and understandings they are expected to acquire and develop.
* Students are provided with learning experiences that promote responsible citizenship in a democratic society.
* Students have the opportunity to learn about their own heritage and the heritage of others.
* Students are given a clear understanding of how their chosen academic program links to post-secondary opportunities (college, jobs in the economy, and vocational school) .
Anderson Community School Corporation is a publicly funded organization
No. of Schools: 22
For More Information
To view this employer's contact or application information you must be a registered job seeker with Education America. If you are already a registered member log in below.
If you are not yet registered with Education America click here.
Any logos and trademarks of Anderson Community School Corporation are copyright Anderson Community School Corporation.
Education America does not take responsibility for the validity of any information provided by Anderson Community School Corporation. Individuals
should refer to the organization for clarification and confirmation. Information provided
directly from Anderson Community School Corporation will take precedence over any information provided on this site.