Approximately 18,000 children attend the Waterbury Public Schools. The district consists of:
- 20 elementary schools including two interdistrict magnet schools
- Four middle and four high schools including the newly opened Waterbury Arts Magnet School (6th -10th grade this year expanding to 12th grade in '06-'07)
- One alternative education school
- One learning center.
The district has pledged to become a leader in urban education in the State of Connecticut, and was the first district in Connecticut and one of the first in the nation to require students to adhere to a school uniform policy. In the past several years, it has succeeded in:
- Improving school facilities
- Revising curriculum
- Creating a Curriculum on the Wall which serves as a blueprint for all educators to follow in creating lesson plans
- Establishing "gates" at key grade levels which enable teachers and administrators to identify and assist struggling students
- Increasing student achievement
- Increasing compliance with applicable state and federal bilingual education and special education requirements
- Strengthening the ties between the parents, the community and the schools
- Becoming a more culturally sensitive district as enrollment and diversity continues to increase
Waterbury Public Schools is a publicly funded organization
No. of Schools: 32
No. of jobs currently in EAN: 35
For More Information
To view this employer's contact or application information you must be a registered job seeker with Education America. If you are already a registered member log in below.
If you are not yet registered with Education America click here.
Any logos and trademarks of Waterbury Public Schools are copyright Waterbury Public Schools.
Education America does not take responsibility for the validity of any information provided by Waterbury Public Schools. Individuals
should refer to the organization for clarification and confirmation. Information provided
directly from Waterbury Public Schools will take precedence over any information provided on this site.