School Nurse Eligibility Pool
This job has been closed
Elk Grove Unified
||RN (Registered Nurse)
School / Org:
||Elk Grove Unified School District
||Elk Grove, California
No. of Positions:
||EANCE16 - 30
||1 November 2017
||29 December 2017
Elk Grove Unified School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
School Nurse Eligibility Pool
Location: Elk Grove Unified School District
Length of Work Year: Varies
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: Salary Schedule #10.
Class Title: School Nurse
Basic Function: Under the direction of the Assistant Superintendent-Student Services, provide school health and nursing services to students; promote health and prevention education and safety; serve as a technical and health education resource to students, personnel and the community.
Provide school health and nursing services to students; conduct medical case finding and screening for vision, hearing, scoliosis and other health defects; provide emergency care for ill or injured students.
Promote health and prevention education and safety; conduct staff education and in-service training meetings related to specialized health conditions, procedures, medications and other issues.
Serve as a technical and health education resource to students, personnel and the community; respond to inquiries and provide information; communicate the condition of students with health liabilities to teachers; provide health charts and related information as necessary.
Provide consultation and assist school staff, students and families with communicable disease control, first aid, personal hygiene, student health assessments and school site health and safety assessment; evaluate student immunization status at appropriate grade levels.
Collect, prepare and maintain a variety of records and reports related to student health and assigned activities; establish and maintain filing systems.
Assist the Special Education program with developing Individual Educational Programs for disabled students; assess home environments and student needs.
Train and provide work direction and guidance to assigned clerical staff.
Operate and maintain a variety of specialized medical equipment; assure proper working condition of equipment; operate standard office equipment including a computer and assigned software.
Attend assigned meetings and conferences.
Process child abuse referrals according to established procedures and regulations as directed.
Perform related duties as assigned.
Demonstrated Knowledge and Abilities:
- Medication effects and proper administration procedures.
- Proper operation of specialized health assessment instruments.
- Modern medical terminology, equipment and techniques.
- Accepted methods and principles of personal hygiene.
- Diagnostic methods for medical conditions and diseases.
- Accepted testing techniques for hearing, vision, scoliosis and other screenings.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Record-keeping and report preparation techniques.
- Operation of standard office equipment including a computer and assigned software.
- First aid and CPR procedures.
- Provide school health and nursing services to students.
- Promote health and prevention education and safety.
- Serve as a technical and health education resource to students, personnel and the community.
- Screen students for vision, hearing, scoliosis and other problems.
- Train and provide health information to parents, students and staff.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Learn District organization, operations, policies and objectives.
- Learn department and program objectives and goals.
- Plan and organize work.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Observe health and safety regulations.
- Administer first aid and CPR.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Operate standard office equipment including a computer.
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Move hands and fingers to operate medical equipment and a computer keyboard.
- Hear and speak to exchange information.
- See to read a variety of materials.
Education and Experience Required:
- Any combination equivalent to: bachelorís degree in nursing, health education or related field and one year of health profession experience.
Licenses and Other Requirements:
- Valid American Red Cross Community CPR and Standard First Aid Instructor Certificate.
- Preliminary or Professional Clear School Nurse credential.
- Public Health Certificate.
Environment: Office environment.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Education America to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. Once verification of your email address
and registration is complete you can apply to this and other jobs posted on EAN for free.
The job posting above from Elk Grove Unified may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of California. DO NOT apply or send
unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the requirements listed by Elk Grove Unified in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job