Holbrook Unified School District #3
* Emphasizes academic achievement within a positive cultural setting.
* Designs a state standard aligned curriculum to accommodate diversity.
* Provides access to technology with state of the art computers, networks and classes.
* Offers a wide variety of sports and special interest club opportunities for virtually every interest.
* Introduces a maximal learning environment with a zero tolerance for drug possession in our schools coupled with extensive prevention programs.
* Creates English As A Second Language lesson adaptations for second language learners.
* Teaches phonics as a strong basic for reading, handwriting and spelling skills.
* Applies math skills from computation and problem solving activities from hands-on math manulatives to abstract thinking activities.
* Teaches reading with a literature based approach.
* Uses some aspect of the writing process daily.
* Provides classes at different levels for instruction in art, music, library sciences, foreign languages, vocational applications and physical education.
* Offers concurrent enrollment classes with Northland Pioneer College for High School students.
Educates all students
Park School – Grades K-2
Hulet Schoo l– Grades 3-5
Junior High School – Grades 6-8
Holbrook High School – Grades 9-12
Triumph Program – an alternative school for students unable to find success in the High School environment.
Phenix program – an alternative school for students found in violation of Junior High and High School no tolerance of violence and drug and alcohol policies.
* Holbrook Schools are rich in ethnic diversity with 67% Native American, 23% Hispanic and a variety of other nationalities attending our schools.
* We celebrate our diversity with our unique populations and offer many activities for our students:
* An active Indian Education program director supports students, and classroom applications.
* ESL lesson adaptations for second language learners.
* Special classes for Native American students in history, art and English at the High School.
* After school bussing to accommodate students in sports and after school tutoring programs.
* Eagle Cloud Singers celebrate the Navajo Pow Wow traditions.
* Special classes and tutoring opportunities to ensure second language student’s academic success.
* Culturally sensitive and aware teachers.
Holbrook Schools Believe
* Schools are for children
* Schools belong to the community
* Schools are people developers
* Self effort educates
Every student will be educated academically and socially so as to be a productive citizen
All students will have equal educational opportunities to achieve their individual potential.
We have something to offer every student.
Successful education depends on parental commitment to education.
Teachers are the foundation of a strong educational system.
Teachers maintain high expectations for themselves and their students.
Strives for Student Achievement
Graduation Rate +95%
Graduates Continuing Education +47%
ACT Test Scores
Has a fully articulated K-12 curriculum with diagnostic testing to assess student achievement.
Offers a wide variety of extracurricular activities for student involvement
National Honor Society
Odyssey of the Mind
Traditional and Native American Art Classes
Offers a wide variety of sports activities
Our goal. . . offer every opportunity to prepare all students for life in the 21st century and beyond.
Holbrook Unified School District #3 is a publicly funded organization
No. of Schools: 4
For More Information
To view this employer's contact or application information you must be a registered job seeker with Education America. If you are already a registered member log in below.
If you are not yet registered with Education America click here.
Any logos and trademarks of Holbrook Unified School District #3 are copyright Holbrook Unified School District #3.
Education America does not take responsibility for the validity of any information provided by Holbrook Unified School District #3. Individuals
should refer to the organization for clarification and confirmation. Information provided
directly from Holbrook Unified School District #3 will take precedence over any information provided on this site.