Catalina Foothills School District is located in the foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains on Tucson's north side. Over the last twenty years, the district has grown from a sparsely populated desert haven for affluent retirees to a thriving suburban community. As the community has grown, it has also become more diverse, both economically and ethnically. Most families are headed by college-educated professionals, many of whom have been attracted to the area by its widely respected school district. Catalina Foothills residents value education, expect excellence, and have a tradition of strong support for their schools.
Mission and Beliefs
A statement of our purpose and function
Catalina Foothills School District challenges all individuals to achieve their personal best through rigorous, engaging, innovative programs that develop skills and knowledge for life-long learning and responsible citizenship.
Statements of our fundamental organizational values
* CFSD is a learning organization focused on children.
* Students have a right to learn, to be listened to, and to be taken seriously.
* Students have unique talents, individual needs, and the capacity to achieve personal excellence.
* CFSD is accountable for the continuous improvement of student achievement, staff capability, curriculum, and decision-making.
* Learning is best when the curriculum is meaningful and engaging, students are actively involved, and school organization allows for individual attention.
* Learning is enhanced by a safe and supportive environment at home and at school.
* CFSD is committed to small class size.
* CFSD is in a partnership with parents and the community to achieve educational excellence for the good of students and society.
* Partnership calls for informed participation, mutual respect, and the collaborative pursuit of a shared vision.
* Teachers and support staff are professionals who nurture the growth and development of students and serve as role models.
* Teachers and support staff enhance their capacity to meet student needs through collaborative planning, ongoing personal and professional development, and open communication with students and families.
* Attraction and retention of capable, committed staff is paramount to achieving our mission.
* CFSD is accountable for compensating staff commensurate with the district's high expectations of performance.
Catalina Foothills School District is a publicly funded organization
No. of Schools: 7
For More Information
To view this employer's contact or application information you must be a registered job seeker with Education America. If you are already a registered member log in below.
If you are not yet registered with Education America click here.
Any logos and trademarks of Catalina Foothills School District are copyright Catalina Foothills School District.
Education America does not take responsibility for the validity of any information provided by Catalina Foothills School District. Individuals
should refer to the organization for clarification and confirmation. Information provided
directly from Catalina Foothills School District will take precedence over any information provided on this site.